Chiropractor Pretoria Cost: Myofascial discomfort is a symptom that is frequently experienced by chiropractic patients. When it comes to coping with pain of this nature, chiropractic treatment is frequently a popular option. This is one of the reasons why. Back and neck pain, as well as pain in other areas of the body that include muscles, are common examples of myofascial pain locations.
Because the myofascial tissue covers such a broad area in the body, including both connective tissue and muscle, it is typically possible to trace the origins of pain back to these tissues. Services Dr Nerina le Roux is a Chiropractor based in Pretoria
How does one go about performing myofascial release therapy? Chiropractor Pretoria Cost
Myofascial release is accomplished by the use of a specific massage method that involves the application of pressure to the patient’s trigger points. The anchor-and-stretch technique is a type of massage that is often used by chiropractors. This technique enables for long hand strokes to be performed, beginning at one spot and continuing all the way down the length of the troublesome area.
The chiropractor will massage the area in question until the tension and tightness in the muscles are relieved.
Due to the fact that it targets trigger points, this treatment is beneficial for treating myofascial pain. These regions are the ones that are most impacted by the pain, and because of this, they are sometimes regarded to be the genesis of the pain.
How long does the treatment need to be administered?
Myofascial therapy is a treatment that has a long-lasting effect, and in order for the patient to feel better, they may require multiple sessions spread out over a period of three or even four months. The alternate strategy is never going to be a solution that works overnight, but it will be better in the long run. The following are some of the benefits you can receive from this treatment:
1) Greater flexibility in the muscles as a result of the gradual release of tension in the muscles
2) Benefit from increased range of motion as your muscles become more mobile
3) The use of therapy contributes to a reduction in inflammation in the affected area
4) Once the discomfort has lessened, you may be able to stop using the over-the-counter medication.
5) Who is most likely to suffer from episodes of myofascial pain?
6) It is possible to experience pain when specific muscles are subjected to tension, and if this stress is maintained over an extended period of time, this could result in chronic pain. People may experience stress in their fascia as a result of the decisions they make regarding their lifestyle as well as the settings in which they work.
- Individuals in their middle years
- Patients who had been injured prior to their admission
- Tension is a direct effect of emotional stress.
What are the benefits of participating in a myofascial release therapy session?
Excellent for relieving headaches as well as neck and shoulder pain
People who suffer from headaches on a regular basis may find relief from using this. Tension in the neck muscles can sometimes travel all the way up to the brain, where it manifests as headaches caused by muscle tension. Untying these knots is helpful in reducing the severity of this condition.
Assists in correcting poor posture and lowering the risk of repeated injuries or pain.
A improved posture is another benefit that can be gained via myofascial release. Your practitioner may instruct you in certain strategies that will assist you in achieving better posture. Because of this, the likelihood of future injuries and discomfort will be reduced.
Beneficial for the circulation of blood
Because the treatment improves blood circulation, which is critical to the health of tissues, muscles, and organs, it should be considered medically necessary.
Head on over to Dr. Nerina le Roux‘s online booking page if you are interested in scheduling an appointment with her.
Myofascial Frequently Asked Questions
What is meant by the term “myofascial tissue”?
Myofascial tissue can be found in many different parts of the body. It has a sturdy build, yet its substance is fibrous. The bones and muscles in the body receive support and protection from the function of the connective tissue in the body, which is to offer structural support as a connective tissue.
What exactly is meant by the term “myofascial release technique”?
The myofascial release technique is a specialized type of massage that focuses on the myofascial tissues that are located throughout the body. The massage technique it uses specifically addresses the pain caused by these fibrous structures.
What is the most effective treatment for pain in the myofascia?
Physiotherapy is one of the most efficient therapies, and it also provides a more natural alternative to the administration of pain medication. Myofascial discomfort can be treated using a variety of physiotherapy techniques, including the following:
- Stretches that are assisted and are gentle in order to help decrease pain in the area of the affected muscle
- Therapeutic use of heat to aid in enhancing blood circulation and lowering inflammatory levels
- Massage may involve applying pressure to the areas of the body where the muscles are strained.
- Practicing good posture can reduce the risk of developing muscular ailments in the future.
- The use of ultrasound techniques contributes to an increase in blood circulation as well as heat within the affected muscle.
- The physiotherapy treatments described above all contribute to the promotion of spontaneous healing.
What are the factors that lead to myofascial pain syndrome?
Myofascial pain syndrome could be brought on by a wide variety of factors in a person’s life. Myofascial pain can be caused by a number of different things, including muscle tears, tightness in the muscles, and prolonged tension on the muscles, all of which have the potential to irritate the trigger points.
Is it possible to get rid of myofascial pain?
When myofascial pain develops into a chronic issue, it is more difficult to “cure” the condition. “Trigger points” is the term used for this phenomenon by practitioners. These are the regions that experience an increase in inflammation as well as an increase in discomfort.
Chronic pain is characterized by an extended duration and a decreased likelihood of complete relief following a single therapy session or the use of pain medication. Myofascial treatment on a regular basis can be helpful in managing the pain, however anti-inflammatory medication may be prescribed by the doctor in some cases.
Joint Health Chiropractic – Chiropractor in Pretoria
- 501 Jochemus St, Erasmuskloof, Pretoria, 0048
- Monday – Friday: 8am-5pm, Saturday: 8am-12pm